Friday, January 14, 2011

Temptation

My husband surprised me with a kindle for Christmas... like what was he thinking? I once saw a t-shirt with the moniker "Lead me not into temptation, especially bookstores!" I thought, Amen, that is my prayer. when we moved, it was with a little shame that 70 boxes of books made their way to the new house. Granted a lot of those were homeschooling books, but still, obsession with the written word, geez. I was trying to detach for awhile, from writing and inhaling written commmunication. So, is the kindle a neatly devised form of temptation? I do think so, but am comforted by the fact that most spiritual classics are practically free, most under $2. God has his quiet, snickering revenge, thinks I.

2 comments:

  1. I too got a kindle for Christmas :) Still in love with my books but WOW..the kindle fits in my purse and he thought I was distracted before....

    ReplyDelete
  2. No doubt, hee, hee. Trying to stay focused!

    ReplyDelete